Thursday, January 14, 2010

Why I'm in the program.

That's me on the right with I don't know who at some Halloween party I don't remember leaving. This was near my bottom, clearly, and if the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader® franchise knew how I sullied their reputation I'd probably be sued. I did wear this outfit three other times in front of 35,000 people during the Bay to Breakers but I was able to hold myself up. That makes all the difference. Isn't it great that I can laugh about these things now?

Speaking of blond goddesses, I'm doing some work on judgment with my favorite woo-woo lady. I would like to be a combination of her and my friend Susan when I grow up. The thing she said that resonated with me was that when I view a person through my tunnel-vision judgment goggles, I don't see their potential or possibilities. Duh. I don't think I'm judgmental at heart but it's certainly a pattern the ex and I shared and it worked as long as we were both viewing from the same end of the judgment goggles -- cynical solidarity! I found it amusing the way the ex could assassinating another person's character. If a person deigned to appear unaware of his or her character defects -- look out! That was like shooting fish in a barrel. It made us feel better, even superior, that we had this insight into people that they seemed to be lacking. It was our job to point it out, in an amusing way of course. It was so Noel Coward-ly. Big Guns calls me on it. I don't need you to point out my defects, Eileen; I'm fully aware of them. The difference is he chooses not to focus on them or mine. He's taken off his judgment goggles. I'm trying to remove mine now. It's not easy.

2 comments:

  1. The problem with judgement goggles is that they're actually blinders. I, too, struggle to rip the damn things off on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pity they can't be surgically removed, eh?

    ReplyDelete