Sunday, January 1, 2012

Oh the arrogance.

I was in Target today to purchase cat snackies and walked down the Xmas aisle where everything was 70% off. I picked up a $1 box of green apple and strawberry flavored candy canes, which was fine because a) they aren't very Xmasy and b) we'll eat them by next weekend. But I also picked up bows and wrapping paper and gift tags for NEXT year.

I've never done this before because it seems so presumptuous. It's like I'm mocking God or something--I dare you to take me. I just stocked up on Xmas paraphernalia for next year! Plus I'm making this huge assumption that I'll be around and celebrating Xmas next year. Doesn't that scream arrogance? It's not that I'm afraid of my number being called, it's just I'd be so embarrassed when my heirs discovered the stash of supplies in my closet--And she never even got to use this paper.

1 comment:

  1. who says you have to wait until christmas to use the wrapping paper?

    ReplyDelete