Monday, December 26, 2011

What I'm reading.

Joan Didion's The year of Magical Thinking. I am only 50+ pages in but the way she describes her reactions to the death of her spouse--numbness, inability to focus or read, denial--is very similar to the feelings I had when first divorcing. Speaking of death, here's a sad story about a our shark.

This is what my house would look like if it were underwater, sort of.
Big Guns and I spent over an hour assembling (and reassembling her after discovering I'd put her motor on backward) her, then running out to the store for fresh AAA batteries. She's super cool and Q got to play with her for all of five minutes before "swimming" her out to the car where she floated away from us. There were so many moments we could have stopped it--jumped higher, thrown our coats over her--but before we knew it she was above the roof, then above the neighbor's oak tree, then floating high above San Carlos swimming toward San Jose. On a happier note:
Baby Kitten and Clooney.
I'm still filthy with beautiful kitties. Here they are enjoying what we call "ice cream" but what is a tiny dollop of whippy from a can, which may explain their girth. Now that I think of it, they are both shaped a bit like the shark.

1 comment: