Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The public mostly sucks.

Mario cleaned out his closet a few months ago. You can see it, right? His closet is tidy and pristine but in the center of his room is the monstrous pile of clothes he no longer wants. They filled two garbage bags and sat by my front door to go to the Goodwill for another few weeks until I went through them and saw that several of the pants were barely worn. Bright lights goes off. EBAY.

For years, my boys exclusively wore the Boden Techno Zip-offs, $40+ new and always sold out so I'd buy every color as soon as I got the catalog. One year, I made the mistake of purchasing the camo ones in every colorway, plus orange and green ones. (God, I'm sorry; this story is even boring me.) I listed eleven pairs in varying states of wear from practically brand new to several rounds on the playground. My buyer paid $40 total. I just got an email from her complaining that they were not as expected--not barely worn but played in, a button was missing, stains on hems...

I don't know about other moms but when my sons wear pants they look like they've been to war. Trust me, lady, I wasn't trying to deceive you. And yet, I still feel like shit. She didn't even thank me for the extra pair I threw in for free that I found when I was boxing up her pile of pants.

I think people expect way, way more than they pay for and my Ebay days are firmly behind me. People suck.

1 comment:

  1. eh, don't feed into her bullshit. stay on your side of the street.

    ReplyDelete