Thursday, January 5, 2012

Shit goggles firmly in place.

Today's view extends beyond my writing. Instead of seeing beauty or grace, everywhere I look I see things that are dirty, wrong, fucked up and not working in my life. For instance, Big Guns' hearing. He left his coffee in the microwave and it's been beeping for ten minutes. He's standing a foot from the microwave. I'm three rooms away and each beep sounds like a foghorn. I would like to remove his coffee and throw it at him.

The day started with driving Clooney to the humane society for neutering. The traffic was in top form  and my windshield was so filthy I was driving by faith. The woman ahead of me had two chihuahuas. The vet tech came out and asked the receptionist what they charge for expressing anal glands because one of the chi chis really needed it. What kind of mistake did God make in designing dogs that they need their anal glands expressed? And what exactly are anal glands? This is why I'm a crazy cat lady. That's absolutely shit goggle material.

I've eaten close to two pounds of See's candy in three days and, as promised, all but one candy cane. I have a store credit at a little boutique in my neighborhood and stopped by yesterday but didn't find anything because I don't want new clothes; I want a new body. They did not have one in my size, not even for full price. Shit goggles.

Let's hope that tomorrow is better for me and Clooney.

1 comment:

  1. Your honest, unfogged writing is an inspiration to my own/life.

    ReplyDelete