Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Psst: The secret.


How had I never heard of The Secret? I must have been drunk or changing diapers during this fad.

Desperate for entertainment on Sunday eve, I watched a documentary about it. I'm a magical thinker but I'm also a half-measure kind of gal so even though I expected my LIFE as I knew it to change forever, I was also eating dinner in bed and flipping through Lucky magazine.

What's the secret? What the angels, my woo-woo mentors, mothers and Jesus have been saying for years: ask and you shall receive and reap what you sow.

It's all about manifesting and making vision boards and sending out positive vibrational energies. It did get me thinking that my son's teacher is right: I'm negative. If The Secret Keepers are right, I'm screwed.

3 comments:

  1. they're not. nobody has the answers. we're all here to find our journey, and come to peace with whatever is our current reality. there, that's the secret...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so envious that you had not heard of the secret till now. But M and I can have a conference call with you and recap our hours of explaining how WRONG it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God some of my favorite people think it's wrong!

    ReplyDelete