Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Monday Thursday

When I worked full-time and had kids, I actually looked forward to Mondays after spending the weekend with them. Then, by Friday, I missed them terribly and looked forward to the weekend. That was a nice cycle. Now it's all cattywhompuss and today feels like Monday and I'm always missing and needing a break from my boys.

Liam and his friend Kaia and the famous Yule Log cake at Christmas.


I saw the divorce lawyer yesterday. He commended me on getting along with ex. He's been in the biz for 30 years and has seen some horrific stuff. He says most divorce lawyers have good marriages because they've seen the horror divorcing people inflict on each other. Be afraid. His stories! Humans are greedy and sometimes we get it in our heads that the only thing that will make us happy is to annihilate our exes. When divorcing, the way to do that is with money and custody of the children. Those are your weapons. He also said that this depression/recession is soo deep, the biz of divorce has gone the way of the housing market. People simply can't afford it and are staying in shitty marriages until the economy picks up. Good times.

This week I'm pondering how we decide we no longer love a person or if we're just irritable and need a nap. We had a marriage counselor once who told us that the opposite of love was indifference, not hate. The opposite of irritation isn't murder, is it? I'm thinking I need a vacation, but some would say that my whole life is a vacation 'cause, you know, I'm not working, just worrying about not working.

I'm off to take world-famous Cheese House sandwiches to my friend C who just had a precious baby girl. So sweet, so petite. Pictures tomorrow. Have a nice Monday/Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment