Thursday, March 10, 2011

My new obsession.

According to this young scion of fashion, we can now wear slippers with our pajamas in public. Are you listening, N?!? Life gets better and better. I'm in my pajamas right now, but I don't have a pair of these:


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhCFY3TnY-L2XwkS73mJb_dlzkZExjZ7ma5jaZv0nYC8Es5Q-5Nl_YmN6Z0pVnahHgKg4YNU30P54MXwxUBqHSAQW9MnVMTpqg1pgI4_1W_lhr31VIAHZ7O-eyWECdRbY1FrQoT2mdss3jx/s1600/IMG_4917.JPG
Image from The Man Repeller








You know why? Because they cost $395?! Who buys slippers that cost $395? The Man Repeller. And she's only 22. And a college student. I'm thinking trust fund. My slippers...No, I'm not going to show them to you. They're too gross. An old, beat-up pair of clogs that I also use for gardening. (Not of the Crocs variety; I still have some dignity.)

I am sick and missing Pilates today. I am still unemployed, or underemployed if you count the freelance I'm currently doing for half my usual hourly rate. Let's just say it would take me a couple of weeks after taxes to buy myself a pair of Stubbs & Wooton slippers. What are they made of? Velvet woven from the nostril hairs of baby pandas?

No comments:

Post a Comment