Thursday, September 2, 2010

Up date.

Before yesterday, I hadn't been on an interview in eight years. They haven't changed much except for length. Mine was two hours. I wrote it off thinking that a scarcity of jobs makes picky people. They can afford to take their time. (BTW it was dropped by two different people interviewing me that the job entailed a lot of project churn -- picture meat grinder -- and some of the projects weren't that creative, i.e. data input. Way to sell! I felt a bit overqualified.) Benefits: the company has nice parties and gives 4 hours a month for family obligations and free snacks! Later that day, my son's friend's dad stopped by and announced that his interview in Finland last week went great and he was starting his new job in London on Monday and moving his family across the pond in January. So much for my slow-hiring theory. His job offer included 11K/month housing allowance and a car. I'm feeling about as big as the period at the end of this sentence. But I am happy for him. Nice, little adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment