Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Today's mood: Dark and cloudy. (Again.)

Lately I've been foul quite regularly. Can't blame it on hormones. What gives? I think -- and I'm just guessing -- that it may have something to do with the fact ex is in Italy with gf for two weeks and I have been with our lovely boys full time. Like most kids, they are kind, considerate and selfless, picking up after themselves, offering to make dinner, taking out the recycling without being asked numerous times. Ha ha ha ha ha. I'm laughing so hard I might need a Poise pad.

Here's how it's really going: the other morning I began waking the big one up at 7. When he finally rolled out of bed at 7:10, he yelled at me for not getting him up on time. That same morning, while he was getting his bike out of the garage, I asked for the tenth time if he'd remembered the cookies I baked for him to take to school (I sound like a saint, no?) Him: No. Can you get them for me? Me: I can't believe you... Him: Don't argue with me; just get them. Who is raising this ingrate?

I am planning my own two-week vacation to Bora Bora or New Zealand. Ex can have the boys full time for the first time in year and see how he likes it. I am also working on a bonfire-sized resentment.

Have a full-day freelance gig tomorrow. Get to act like a grown up and stuff. Woo hoo.

1 comment: