Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Another interview.

I think I want this job, even though it's on Market Street in SF. So inconvenient. Parking nearby would be $450/month. It's been so long since I've driven in -- and not through -- the city I freaked out and made a few faux pas such as hesitating during a lane change, waiting for pedestrians, and using my blinker. It's  showing weakness. Seasoned city drivers hate weakness. I got a lot of looks and head shakes and one honk.

The job? Writing for Poise or Depends, two accounts where my advanced age and female gender are advantages. I imagine it's difficult to find a hip 20-something male creative who'd jump at the chance to write about LBL (that's light bladder leakage in case you're not female). 1 in 3 women have it. I'm not one of them (yet) but the creative director -- a hip 30-something dude with quirky shoes and nonchalant hair -- said that I probably won't get it since I've already had kids. It was a strange interview but things loosen up quickly when you're discussing pee and poo. On a side note, this agency got these accounts because they did such a bang-up job on Kotex. If it comes out of a human, they handle it. They're the effluvia agency. (Not really; they do have other accounts and everybody was really nice, not like city drivers.)

1 comment:

  1. So happy the interviews are coming your way. You can park at BART and ride into the city. <3

    ReplyDelete