Thursday, April 15, 2010

Woo woo alert

I recently completed my second breath work seminar. What's a breath work seminar? A group of people lay down in a room and breath for several hours with a guide. It's not synchronized, but deep; we use our diaphragms and exhale "om" or whatever word we use to call God. So. I'll just say it: I talked with angels and fairies. My guiding angel is Gabriel who just happens to be the archangel of writing and communications. (I should have guessed that one.) And the fairies are like tiny Cyndi Laupers; they just want me to have fun. They said that I live too much in my head and need to get down and dance, preferably around a tree. D says deep diaphragmatic breathing causes people to hallucinate from a lack or surplus of oxygen. My fellow breath workers had equally interesting but completely different journeys. One woman went on a trip on the back of her Shaman crow. (Can I just say how jealous that made me? Like I totally want a Shaman tiger. That would be bitchin, eh? I've gone all Canadian valley girl.)

On a woo woo scale of one to ten, I'd put myself at a six. I'm not as skeptical as some, and airier than others. As my friend D says, I'm willing to accept the miracle. However, at these seminars I fully expected to spend the day freaking out or napping. I was awesomely surprised, which is why I've done it twice now. If I'm hallucinating, I don't care. It's legal and safe and kicks ass. Yeah!

2 comments:

  1. where do you go for these seminars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Jenny England runs them out of her home in San Carlos: http://www.jennyengland.com/

    ReplyDelete