Wednesday, November 18, 2009

No poppage, just leakage.

reflex-hammer
So I didn't explode with a major epiphany at the Landmark Forum® but I'm leaking like a weepy sore. Apparently enough information took hold that it's having some effect. I've had actual, real-time moments when I'm aware that I'm not my opinions, experiences, rackets or strong suits and don't -- and this is truly incredible!! -- react to them! 

My whole life I've been a knee-jerk reactionary, as if somebody's banging on my brain with a reflex hammer. An example: the other day big-ass arms was talking to me about a highly charged subject. He has a problem with one of my friends and was trying to explain to me why. Externally I sat and listened but internally my committee was going off, crafting retorts and assassinating his friends. I didn't respond, however. I just let my angry little thoughts pass on by. And then it happened -- I really heard what he was saying to me and none of it was a personal attack on me or my friend. (Apparently this is how I show up in life: defensive, angry, and ready to roll.) What do you know? It's a Christmas miracle! I owe it all to my higher power and the Landmark Forum®. Stay tuned; more will be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment