Monday, April 4, 2011

Mindful/less Monday.

Have you ever been plagued with low-grade anxiety. It's a feeling as if I've forgotten something, a term paper or a child at school, but can't remember what it is. I've had that feeling for a couple of days. Nothing's any more wrong than usual, but I just can't pinpoint the origin of this fear and worry. So I went to Beyond Blue and got this:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. –Marianne Williamson

Maybe the origin of my anxiety is that I'm Wonder Woman, about to win the lottery (I did dream about the number 38 million last night), and get a wheelbarrow full of acceptance letters from literary journals and a book deal? Or maybe I'm just a good person who continues to do the next right thing? At this moment, that is mulching the garden.

2 comments:

  1. The yoga teacher read that quote in class last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great website. thanks for that. i think society has us rigged to be in a constant state of worry and fear. the trick is to stay in the moment. because that is right where you're supposed to be. also, i tend to find god in the moment. not in yesterday or tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete