Friday, April 1, 2011

Ahh spring.

I love spring. I do. Just when I think I can't stand it another minute--the mud and weeds and grey skies--the sun comes out and the flowers bloom and my yard smells like candy and everything's right with the world. The weeds can wait until next weekend.


Does anything smell quite like a spicy, fruity freesia? These are mixed with Santa Rosa daisies, the flower of the decade. They are all over my neighborhood.

Some kind of lowly geranium, but loverly all the same. Pretty pretty pretty.
My crabapple tree is amazing! It's a blaze of blossoms! A magenta firework!
The color!
After a minute or two, Dylan magically appears. He loves the garden as much as I do. Good kitty. Look at him, he's pretty magnificent, too. They really go together. 

Dylan in the grass.

1 comment:

  1. such beauty. my favorite smell in spring is jasmine. reminds me of when i first moved to san jose so many years ago. it's in LA, but not as much. enjoy god's gifts.

    ReplyDelete