Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hell is an open pit of sensitive, hormonal women.

Dear Universe,

Thank you for the job. It's been just great, really, and I've learned so much, including the fact that, although being poor and unemployed has its drawbacks, it's not that bad being the only irritable, annoying person in the room. At least as my own co-worker I have enough compassion to suggest a baby Snicker's bar or a nap would be more helpful than telling me to stop fucking touching the things on my desk.

Mostly what I've learned, Universe, is that this job doesn't quite fit me. I'm afraid my life's purpose is not proofing 9 pt. legal lines in Intel's retail advertising. I'm sorry. I hope I don't sound ungrateful. I'm still a big, big fan but maybe you could send me something a touch more meaningful (legal lines for an organic milk producer?) Or possibly a well-placed lightning bolt -- I'll be walking down Market Street around 5:45 tonight. (But you already knew that.)

Smooches,
eileen

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. Meaningful jobs are over-rated, and generally don't pay well.

    ReplyDelete