Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Engagement fever!

It's scary what jealousy does for divorced folks. It appears that Jessica Simpson got engaged to her boyfriend just a week after her ex announced his engagement.  Coincidence? This pre-loved woman thinks not.

I know I've said that divorce is about money but it's also about reaching relationship nirvana before that bastard/bitch who left you. I'm told it's normal. A friend who's been divorced for something like 12 years told me she still wants her ex to burn in hell. I wouldn't go that far, but it slays me when ex appears happy with his new girlfriend. Even though I don't want him back, I don't want him to be happy. Ever. And if I happened to be enjoying a Costco-sized bag of Fritos and Diet Coke* and read in US Weekly that ex was getting married I just might go out and drop 100K on an engagement ring, too.

However, I don't think Prince William's engagement has anything to do with Jessica or Nick. I think he's just in love.

*not the actual food Jessica was eating.

1 comment: