Friday, February 5, 2010

I finished another book!

Behold -- the second book read by pre-loved woman post divorce. A slim, gem of a novel about spirituality, which I need in spades right now. I feel that I should be meditating and praying more but I always forget and clean bathrooms or play online Scrabble instead. (It's a universal, self-destructive problem with addicts that we tend to avoid the things that are good for us.)

Speaking of differences, I feel more hopeful about the job situation. There is this field out there called social media marketing and, unlike the advertising industry, it's actually growing. What is it? It's Facebook and Twitter and blogs like this. It's user-generated content. It's the new way that consumers expect to interact with companies. It's a kind of advertising that talks back. It's the internet in action, baby.

Anyway, my friend R works in this field and her biz is booming. She said companies are desperate for content and "that's where you come in, deary." (I love that she calls me dear.) Yes! I can write content. I love telling stories. I could get a job and I could like it! Imagine that. I'll give you some time to ponder me happy. Have a GREAT day.

No comments:

Post a Comment