Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Blech and blah.

It's one of those weeks where I don't really feel like getting out of bed. Seriously. It's unfortunate because the boys were on vacation with their dad last week when it would have been easier for me to ignore my life. Thank God the boys are big enough that I can ignore them until dinner time and lay under the covers all day and mentally beat myself up. It goes like this: you are a very bad person because you're not writing or sending out finished work like (insert names of all my famous friends here). You don't even post on your blog like that woman you just read about who posted 100 times her first month and already has 600 followers after a year AND is a successful lawyer. Then I get up briefly to get a 1/2 gallon of ice cream to bring back to bed with me.

Today I ran into a mortgage-broker friend of mine at the gym who got me all excited about refinancing. Rates are in the 4%s! OMG! She thought I could knock a whole point off my loan until I mentioned that I was getting divorced. The rates may be low but the banks are stingy.

It sounds like it's time for a gratitude list. What's good in this pile of crap I call my life? Health. We are all filthy with health in my household. We still have a house to live in. My tomato plants are full of green tomatoes. I have enough money to buy ice cream and cinnamon-raisin bread and butter. I think the raccoon who was coming into my house at night and eating my cat's food and growling at me got hit by a car.

2 comments:

  1. And lets not forget your wittiness in the face of despair. Everyone I talk to is having a hard week (including 3 people contemplating divorce) So at the very least you are in good company. And I hear misery loves company !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misery does love company, eh? What is it with this week? The planets were supposed to be aligning for change and I just assumed it was good change.

    ReplyDelete