Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Down days.

Getting older and sober I realize that there are days when it's best not to read anything I've written. Whether it's a lack of protein, sleep, endorphins, or serotonin, I'm stuck wearing a pair of shit goggles today. The last two stories I opened to revise literally made me gag and convulse in horror at the shitty, navel-gazing prose. I'm sure that better writing can be found in a 15-year-old girl's diary. I couldn't press command "q" fast enough.

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for what to do instead. Eat candy and hope tomorrow is better.

2 comments:

  1. Candy is good. I am off to yoga,which also works. Somedays require both. You are a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the writer's life is a tough one. and i think we make it even tougher than it has to be. we're so dang critical of ourselves.

    remember - feelings are NOT facts.

    the fact is that you have actually written these stories. not everyone can accomplish such a feat. remember that when you start to hear the critical asshole in your head!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete