Thursday, February 10, 2011

One more thing today that I'm obsesssing about.

Ex emailed me to tell me his company gave him a 45K bonus. WTF?! That's over twice my spousal support for the fucking year! More than most people's salaries!

He didn't know if he was supposed to share it with me. I wanted to say You should give me the whole enchilada because I pushed out your two 9-lb. children without drugs then kept them alive and healthy until they were both almost adults. 

I checked with a friend, then a lawyer friend and both said I would probably not be entitled to any of this. Then I bit the bullet and contacted my own lawyer who said "Not so fast, missy. Let's not forget Smith Osler. Certainly you put something in your settlement about Smith Osler."

I don't remember. Do I even have a final settlement? Do I really have to go back through painful paperwork? Yes, I do, but let's just say that I'm not going to get excited about any extra income coming in. Two days ago I was envisioning a vacation outside of my own backyard and the ability to pay for my new crown (not the royal kind, the tooth kind).

As Big Guns keeps reminding me: it's just money. We are the same people with or without it. It doesn't change our characters.  

Well no, it doesn't change most people's characters but it has a tendency to make me crazier. Have you seen those videos of lab rats sucking down nicotine? Sort of like that.

1 comment:

  1. Gee Eileen-

    That was so nice EX to mention his big fat bonus to you. I mean he could have just asked his lawyer if he needed to share a portion with you and never mention it to you unless he had to. But no, not EX, he had to tell you all about it first. so nice. so nice I almost used his name ;)

    ReplyDelete